Saturday 27 September 2014

Banana Breakfast Muffins

Thanks to everyone who voted in my most recent poll. The product you wanted to see me develop next was breakfast muffins so....here they are!


Now, I'll say upfront that they need a little work because although they are delicious (two may have leapt into my mouth. Completely uninvited. Honest!), I don't think I'd class them yet as proper 'breakfast' muffins. I've lowered the fat and sugar content a little and I've used a heap of finely chopped nuts, along with mashed banana. Oh, and some chunks of really good dark chocolate. Yum!

But the question is, what makes a really good breakfast muffin?? Should it be more savoury or more sweet? Does it need to have dried fruit, such as cranberries or raisins in? I'll admit, I'm biased on this subject towards no, because dried fruit creeps me out. You take perfectly good fruit, suck all the moisture out of it like a vampire and then stick the chewy leftovers into perfectly good cake?!?! No way jose! Alas, many disagree with me on this front!

So then, what about seeds? Pumpkins seeds? Poppy seeds? Sesame seeds? Should there be seeds in a breakfast muffin?

This is where I need some guidance from you, the customer. If you could design your ideal breakfast muffin, what would you put in it?


In the meantime, I feel it is my duty to share with you that currently, Tesco is running a special offer on a number of gluten free items. Udi's bagels are half price (wohoo!), except for the sundried tomato bagels (boo!), as are ALL 9 Bars and Nairn's stuff. Grab it while you can!

Oh, I've also been working on my coffee & walnut cake. No picture, I'm afraid, as it all went to my husband's work for the Macmillan Coffee Morning, but it is finally perfected and it is to be added to the list of products this weekend. Keep your eyes peeled, folks!

Wishing you all a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment