Monday 11 August 2014

Back to the kitchen and Chococcino cupcakes

Why hello there, thanks for stopping by!

Long time no see and I'm sorry about that because I actually really love doing this blog. It's been a long time since my last post because things haven't really gone so well with our bathroom renovation. It means that really, my only foray into the kitchen in the last couple of weeks has been to make numerous cups of tea and coffee, and to throw some stuff on toast. Inspiring, I'm sure you'll agree!

Currently, our bathroom still looks like this:



As you can see, it's still a little like a war-zone, but the good news is that with tiles finally hitting the walls (thankfully, NOT at speed and with appropriate levels of tile adhesive), the worse of it is sorted and enough progress has been made that I can return to the kitchen. Hooray! To celebrate, I made a batch of double chocolate chunk pecan cookies for a friend going through a difficult time, andd a carrot cake for my parents for their anniversary meal dessert.

But today, I got to experiment again (yay!) and I started with the NEED to do something with coffee. Lately, I have become something of a coffee-fiend and I simply cannot get enough of it. Which is bad, by the way, as I have a preference for lattes that requires a lot of milk and sugar, but never mind. But moving swiftly on, I was eager to find a way to incorporate coffee into something, so I've worked out chococcino cupcakes - a rich, devil's food sponge but with a good deal of coffee in there as well, then topped with coffee buttercream and a dusting of cocoa powder. Soon, I intend to turn it into a big cake as well, which WILL be available for purchase.

So here we are - gluten free chococcino cupcakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment