Sunday 24 August 2014

Sunday Sundaes!

There's a slight chance you may have picked up on this already, but I have a BIG sweet tooth. To my mind, there's simply nothing better than a fat slice of squidgy chocolate cake, or a hot, sweet fruit crumble, topped with a big scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream. Watching the ice cream melt, swirling itself into the syrupy fruit is one of the greatest pleasures, and my life would be far poorer without it.

Unfortunately, my somewhat excessive craving for such sweet delicacies has had a noticeable impact on my waistline and is forcing me in the direction of cutting back (cutting out is simply not an option). With that in mind, I hereby invoke 'Sunday Sundaes'. In other words, cut out treats during the week and have a (small) delicious ice cream sundae for Sunday night pudding.

One of the key benefits of this is that the temptation of something so sinful should, I hope, be enough to dissuade me from treats during the week, AND it means I get to bake something to include. This week, it was ginger and dark chocolate cookies, as I needed to adjust the recipe anyway. But this time, I made them BIG (about the size of a roll of sellotape)!!




To make an ultra-delicious combination, crumble a cookie into the bottom of a sundae bowl, add 2 scoops of ice cream (I chose Sainsbury's own-brand Red Berry & Pistachio, and Vanilla), and raspberry or strawberry sauces. SO good!!


Et voila! Sundae Sundays!

Fancy trying this yourself? Chocolate and ginger cookies now available to purchase. Just send me a message through Facebook or email me at thebuttercupbaker@gmail.com.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment