Monday 12 May 2014

Coeliac Awareness Week Day 1 - Black Forest Cupcakes

Hello hello hello and welcome to Coeliac Awareness Week day 1!

If you have a moment, why not pop on over to my website - www.buttercupbakery.com - and check out the FAQ page for more info on coeliac disease?

Over this week, I'll be doing a new post every day. And to really help mark the occasion, later this week I'll be running a competition where you could win some of the very popular double chocolate fudge cookies, and some brand-new cookies and cream fudge!

Double chocolate fudge cookies


In the meantime, let me tell you about my latest baking experiment - gluten free black forest cupcakes. These lovely bites are a combination of a dark chocolate sponge cupcake, stuffed with cherry jam, swirled with a soft, squidgy vanilla buttercream, and topped with a drizzel of melted chocolate. Sound good?

To test the flavour, I took the batch along to my last Open University tutorial on Saturday afternoon at Bournemouth University and shared them out among my fellow students. It seemed as though this was a great way to round off two hours of work on international politics (!) and the feedback was overwhelmingly popular. I was absolutely thrilled with some of the comments - the main one being that they would never have known they were gluten free. Since there is a common misconception that gluten free means everything has to taste horrid, this is probably the nicest thing a non-coeliac can tell me.


So here they are! I'll be putting them up on my website soon, so if you're interested in buying some, keep an eye out. In the meantime, happy Monday and chocs away!


No comments:

Post a Comment