Monday 28 July 2014

A Break From Baking

Hi and hello!

This is a bit of a food-free post. Why? Because I'm having to take a break for this week while we totally strip back and refurbish our bathroom. We moved in almost two years ago and the first thing we noticed is that the previous owners didn't believe in putting sealant around the bath, shower or sink. The water damage was extensive. Since I got ill within two months of moving, this is the first opportunity we've had to address it. So! For now I have swapped my spatula for a hammer and my cake tins for paint tins.

Just for kicks, here's a pic of me removing a nice big chunk of our bathroom tiles:


I have to tell you, this was SO much fun! Have you ever removed tiles? You hammer the wall scraper/chisel a little way behind the tiles, wiggle to loosen, then SLAM the hammer into the tiles a little further down to break them up and get them off the wall. Decorators must be the most serene people in the world because this is a seriously good stress-busting activity!

Unfortunately, we've hit a little snag, as my husband hurt his back pretty badly on the first day of work, and looking after him and the house has made my M.E sym
ptoms flare up. It's all a bit on the crappy side, truth be told!

Aaaaaaanyway, we've been making up for the difficulties with some delicious eats. Leftover carrot cake (YUM!), pizza using Isobel's Pizza Base Mix (if you've never tried it, it makes the most incredible pizza bases), and this evening we indulged in a tequila hot chocolate that was so rich and chocolatey, it was like drinking melted chocolate. I only managed half a mug!!

tequila hot chocolate - liquid chocolate!
Honestly, I think I put in too much hot chocolate and not enough milk. WAY too rich for me! I'll work on it and then see if I can post the recipe.

If everything goes to plan, I'm hoping we'll be able to do a barbecue next weekend, in which case I'll be able to post some more foody stuff. If not, please stick around and I promise we'll resume business as soon as possible!

Wishing you all well for the week..

No comments:

Post a Comment