Wednesday 2 July 2014

Rainbow Dust Cupcakes

In general, my baking is fairly serious stuff. I want to get my products into some local eateries and it means I have to really focus on 'serious' baking for now. But every now and then, as a guilty pleasure, I HAVE to mess around a little bit. After all, isn't that how great combinations get discovered?!

So, I'm in Bookers with my Dad (yes, I shop with my Dad. I'm THAT cool) and we're skulking round the sweetie aisles when I find these:


Remember them!? I LOVED these things when I was little. And for those who had seriously deprived childhoods, they are little plastic tubes filled with powdery sherbet stuff in different flavours. Generally speaking, you squeeze open a tube and chuck the whole thing down your gullet, then lie back while your bloody sugar shoots through the roof. SO good!!

Aaaaaaanyway, that got me all inspired. Rainbow Dust cupcakes! Oh yes! And you know what that means? Tie-dye rainbow-effect cupcakes! Et voila!


My plan had been to pour the different flavoured sherbets over the top of the icing in a sort of stripey rainbow pattern. Unfortunately, the 10 year-old me never stopped to look at the sherbet when I was knocking it back. If I had, I'd have known it's ALL WHITE!!! Damn!! So you can't actually see the sherbet on the top of the cupcake. Damn! I also put so much vanilla in the icing that you couldn't taste it either, so perhaps that needs a tad more work...! In the meantime, I've crushed up a few pieces of Edinburgh Rock and sprinkled them over the top, which has made them taste mega-cool!

But on the bright side, LOOK HOW COOL THE COLOURS LOOK!!!!



Overall, I'm pretty excited about these cupcakes! What do you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment