Tuesday 18 March 2014

Cheesecakes!

The excitement!!

After much deliberation, and having noticed that our local supermarket was running a special offer on strawberries, I decided to have a bash at two different types of cheesecake: pear and ginger, and strawberry.

Now, this would be a real issue if I'd had to make a large cheesecake for both, but my brilliant father found two 12cm cake tins on special offer in Sainsburys - each one just a quarter of the size of my 'normal' tins. Score!

So...here they are.


Please excuse the terrible photo. I'm afraid our appetites got the better of us and we dove in before I realised I hadn't take a picture yet. Oops!

Anyway, the pear and ginger needs a little more pear. I blitzed a pear and a half into puree, along with about an inch of root ginger. Well, you can taste the ginger perfectly, but the pear is a little lost, so we'll definitely need more pear next time, but the overall flavour is pretty good.

But the STRAWBERRY!! Oooh...well, you can probably tell we liked it, given that it's half eaten in the photo! It has around 5 large, fresh, juicy strawberries, pureed to oblivion and folded into the soft cheese. Each bite is perfectly sweet and creamy, and contrasts perfectly with the shortbread biscuit base.

So the strawberry will be making it to the product list, and the pear and ginger needs a little more work. And I now have a belly filled with happy cheesecake goodness. Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment