Wednesday 19 March 2014

Smooooooothie - a recipe!

Wohoo!! Winter is ending and Spring is poking a sneaky toe round the door. The weather is warming up and thanks to our very mild winter, the summer fruits are making an extra-early appearance this year.

To celebrate the early fruity fayre, I managed to track down a large supply of strawberries, so here's a fantastic fresh fruit summer smoothie that's loaded with healthy stuff. Enjoy!


Ingredients

6 large fresh strawberries
1 large ripe banana
1tbsp good-quality natural yoghurt (NOT low-fat - it commonly has more sugar AND fat!)
150-200ml fresh orange juice

Roughly slice the strawberries, and chop the banana in two. Throw in a generous tablespoon of the natural yoghurt, top up with the orange juice and blitz thoroughly in a blender. Add a straw and serve immediately, with some ice cubes if you want to make it reeeaallly cold.

Personally, I love this smoothie, but I can't take the credit for it, as I first encountered it around 4 years ago at a very small smoothie shop in London, the name of which I no longer know. It was delicious so I rushed home and recreated it until I got it just right. Perfect for a sunny afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment