Tuesday 1 April 2014

Wheat Free Bakery Direct Review Series - Part I

Regular readers will know the general euphoria I feel at the discovery of a new product, and while the Wheat Free Bakery Direct is not exactly new to me, I still feel a great deal of excitement. Why? First of all, it's been over a year since I ordered from them. Secondly, in that year they've been busily working away on their products, so they've improved since my previous experiences.

I should explain why it has been over a year since my previous order. Although I have never stopped being a fan of the WFBD, I had previously been VERY eager to try their caramel fudge doughnuts, but I'd been disappointed. The icing had slid off the top and what there was of it had a very peculiar, synthetic taste. The doughnut itself was like a rock and not really the squishy, squashy, doughy texture I'd been missing since I was diagnosed.

But when a friend said she wanted to order something and she wondered if I'd be interested in placing an order too, I jumped at the chance. Delivery is quite expensive, at just under £6, so we've always done orders en masse to make it really worthwhile. My order arrived today and what a lovely array of goodies it was!


So, what you see above is (starting from bottom left and working clockwise) parisienne demi-baguettes, tiger demi-baguettes, sandwich rolls, jam doughnuts, crusty bloomer (let the jokes commence!), apple and caramel flans, and iced ring doughnuts.

All the products are best eaten on the day of delivery, but clearly attempting that would be ridiculous, however tempting it might be to try! So for convenience, everything can be frozen. Lactose intolerant coeliacs will also be pleased to learn that much of the range is also dairy free. Happy days all round!

So from this point forward, I'll be doing a review of each product as and when I eat them, so you'll know what products you can really trust and look forward to!

If you want to check them out in the meantime, you can visit the Wheat Free Bakery Direct at their website: http://www.wheat-freebakerydirect.com/index.html.

Note added 15 April 2014
 Unfortunately, there were mistakes in the above blog post and I'd like to take the opportunity to make the necessary corrections, as follows:

- Baguettes have a 5 day shelf life
- Caramel& Apple flans have a 5 day shelf life
-Crusty Bloomer has a 5 day shelf life
- Sandwich Rolls have a 14 day shelf life

No comments:

Post a Comment